Feb 7, 2010

Hugs and kisses

Last year was a hard Valentine's Day for me. I was really irked by the boxed chocolates and the roses being sold in parking lots for $19.99 a dozen and the assault of cards. This year, no biggie. Friends will be visiting, I have chocolate if I want to eat it, I'm helping at school parties, and, furthermore, I have someone something to love.

My favorite cookie jar. Also, my only cookie jar. Who needs two when you've got an orange monkey cookie jar? I can't figure out why they were on sale last year at Target. A whole shelf of 'em, just $5.99. Are you telling me this wasn't a big seller?

6 comments:

Susan said...

His skin looks a little slippery....

hkobeal said...

I'm glad to know the story behind this picture. I've been worried about it ever since it became your FB profile pic. :)

Tracy Loewer said...

It's way better than the dog cookie jar that someone gave us. Every time you opened it, it would blare "Who let the dogs out..." I finally caved and pitched the darn thing when the kids were in school.

Courtney said...

He (I mean IT) looks like the fetal pigs we had to dissect in Human Biology. I can't really see myself hugging that - I can see myself hurling in the garbage. :) To each his own ... note to Erin, hope you didn't buy a bunch at the reduced price to give as Christmas gifts next year.

Becca said...

Keehee--Courtney.

Steph Thomas said...

I wish I had a cookie jar, but then again, that might mean that I would always want to have cookies in it and that would not be so good for me.