Feb 22, 2010

Most Mondays

Usually I'm dragging out the door on the first morning of the week.

Today I managed to wake up rested, take a nice hot bath, blow dry my hair (part way, at least), and find a package of brand new stockings in the bottom of my sock drawer. I think it was the stockings that brought the magic.

We had dinner with the Hirschis/Vetticatts last night, and let me tell you, those folks are welcome to move in. Matt & Jen helped me cook, did the dishes, swept the floor, wiped the stove, put away the dishes, corralled the children, and gave me tips on unclogging my drain so that the dishwasher would rinse better. Those two! My children went to sleep crying for their special friends, but grateful for the time we enjoyed together.

So this Monday feels a little different.
      I like this dress - it always fits.
           I love these shoes - modified open-toe Mary Janes. Target sale rack summer 2008.
                 I am not unhappy to be myself on this bright, crisp spring morning.
                    
I am going to start "Othello" today, so a little tragedy, a little jealousy, a little devastation to be expected. Nice to greet hubris and hamartia with a clean dress & smile.

12 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Cute shoes, cute dress: Destiny that it will be a great week!

Anonymous said...

good hair. nice shoes. fancy hovering orb over your shoulder. you work it, girl. today is yours.

Sara said...

You look great! I love those shoes. I love what a good weekend can do for you. I love waking up rested. Have a good week - go get 'em!

Courtney said...

This shot showcases what the Hill girls have got - really nice ankles and calves. I know so many people who complain about their ankles, and legs (Even super skinny people) - one calls the combination cankles and truth be told, we have amazing lower legs. Thanks to whoever pass that along - strong, solid, shapely. Would have been great in Victorian Times like - showing a little ankle -- whoo hoo!

I could never wear a dress like the one you have one with the wrap and the satin, I have never had the shape (even when slender) because I was too boyish - big waist, small hips, boxy - but you look super cute.

Becca said...

Hamartia? Gonna hafta look that one up.

I love this post, I love you, and I love Mondays, too!

Sherry said...

Courtney, your comment made me laugh. Especially because-I looked at those ankles and thought "those are mom's ankles". Now you know where yours came from:)

Spring-it's 21 degrees here in Idaho?

Erin said...

I am SOOOO glad to know where the ankles came from! Courtney is right. Not gonna be falsely modest. There is so much about my shape (chuckle, giggle, snorts of laughter) that is ... less (or MORE) than the Hollywood form. Laugh out loud indeed! But yes, from the knees down, looks good :) When I go to the beach, I ask nearby children to cover my body with sand from the thigh to the neck. That way, I can still look good in the summer & show off the one slim feature.

Susan said...

Good ankles on both sides of the family tree. How can you lose? You look great and I'm glad to hear rested.

Anonymous said...

My first thought was about those ankles as well! Calf and ankle envy here, won't deny it! Very cute hair, too! Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Erin---I was just glancing over your resolutions and at first I thought #5 was "Bake a sweet every day"... and I thought that was an AWESOME idea! Can you tell where my mind is much of the time? :)

Sherry said...

I, too, had those ankles until I started falling and tearing them up--I'll try not to think about how much beach sand and nearby children I would require--I do love the image of beach clad little ones building and digging.

April said...

Totally cute from top to toes!!!!
I love pix....they bring smiles to our hearts, one and all. And a really good picture, like yours, helps me stay current!! Hoping your week contains the drama in the classroom and maintains smooth sailing everywhere else.
:-)