After seasons of the Aggies failing to live up to their potential, after a year and a half of loss, self-doubt and personal pain, after six months of living in a house with a shabby exterior in terrible need of new paint, after my devastating loss in the Battle of the Bulge, after realizing that children come to earth as they are and not as little clones of my best traits, that they bring challenges & joys that will allow me to grow and love (but not sit proudly on a mother throne confidently surveying my work), after the economic meltdown that has all of us feeling insecure, after a year of health challenges for my family members, after accidentally putting "Blades of Glory" in my blockbuster.com queue and then watching half of it...It's nice to have picked a winner.
It's nice to feel confident in the judgment and character of the president-elect.
It's nice to be an Obama-maniac, people!
8 comments:
First I was chuckling at the "clones of our best traits," but the Blades of Glory part made me ellowell. Seriously?
I agree with you . . . it is a great day. With even better days down the road!
I watched so carefully--mostly the crowds--hope for everyone and a call to service. wow
Aunt Sherry
I love your honesty and patriotism and feel proud that you are my daughter.
We went down to the mall, deciding that to live in Arlington and NOT take Oliver to this would be a shame. It was amazing ... millions of people, high fiving, crying, thrilled to be there and to be a part of it all. Oliver didn't understand it, but I hope he'll be glad someday that he was there ...
I was thinking of Elizabeth in D.C. yesterday, and honestly thought you would probably have loved to be there with her in person (miles away but who cares) still feeling the vibes and the energy of being such a part of it.
I saw a few minutes of Blades of Glory once. I still have not recovered.
I wish I had gone to DC. My brother lives there now and I didn't get stuff arranged here so I could take off, but I should have just went.
What a great day.
Oliver will be so glad he was there! And he will love to hear your stories, Elizabeth.
Brian, you made me laugh. I wish I could have turned to you guys for comfort after I realized I would never get that hour of my life back.
:)
Post a Comment