Feb 9, 2010

Act natural

This picture just screams out Natural and Relaxed, does it not? (Oh no, JoBro! )

Mr. Jonas looks a tad ... inauthentic. Child, child, poor Hollywood faker, you don't even know how fabricated this ensemble looks. The bandana? The spotless white shoes? The glasses you don't actually need to wear? The sparkly bike. I think in my day we called this posing.

Annie's comment - "Are you sure that's Joe? Doesn't look like him. Why does he have glasses?"

Exactly!

5 comments:

Courtney said...

Amen, though he did wear the glasses for his brother's wedding and they appear to be real (thanks to People Magazine I know this). But the choice-o-frames and everything else --- the cuffs. GAG! It's too made up - like a house we saw last weekend. You could tell they had paid a service to come in and stage the house -- but it was taken too far, too much, even our Realtor agreed, this to me is "staged" and it's too much. Amazingly the house was also staged in black, white and red, though no bandanas.

What's with the red skull on the handlebars (and the tassels?) I wonder who puts these together and says ... you know, people really WILL think this is cool, hip, authentic. It's like the sitcoms with the laugh-track where people are laughing at places (oh so not funny ... and for why for what, to inspire us to laugh.) Get better writers and we'll laugh (Everybody Loves Raymond) - make it authentic and we'll laugh, or at least make fun of yourselves (ala Psych and Glee).

How about JoNoBro!

Becca said...

Plus, if you're going to pose, why not look GOOD posing? Instead of like you're trying to freeze-for-the-camera-on-a-bike without touching the ground with your pristine-Nike-clad feet?

Andrew said...

Pee Wee Herman with his special bike?

Elizabeth said...

Hey -- at least he's on a bike! Let's look at the positive -- bikes for transportation ... okay, I'm obsessed.

Tracy Loewer said...

I don't know what you're talking about. I totally bought that he rides around on a bike he stole from a fifth grader. I'm just surprised he can sit or bend his knees in those skinny jeans.