Feb 11, 2010

Grandpa Fred

Henry Ward Beecher said, “We never know the love of our parents for us till we have become parents.”
Now that I'm a mother, I have a better idea of just how much my dad loved and loves us.

Happy Birthday to a wonderful dad, 
a man with a generous spirit, an organized soul, a reader's heart and a patriarch's wisdom.
I like this thought too, from Euripides: "Noble fathers have noble children."

p.s. Dad - you don't have to be perfect to deserve our love! We know you and are grateful for exactly who you are.

8 comments:

Courtney said...

So well put Erin. Just as dad doesn't have to be perfect to deserve our love, we didn't have to be perfect to deserve his and that is such a monumental thing for a child - we knew he always loved us and supported us in all we did but more importantly just for who we were.

Happy Birthday Dad!

J and M said...

I hope someday that my children will like me, and I hope to be more like you dad!!!

J and M said...

In that first picture, I think Elin looks like you dad.

Susan said...

He's the best!!!

Colleen said...

What do you mean he's not perfect?!? It's an accomplished state of being, which your Dad and Mom are!!

Sherry said...

perfect grandpa pictures

Becca said...

Your dad LOOKS like the perfect grandpa. Not to mention the perfect dad . . . having met him, I can readily attest--he is truly a kind-hearted soul.

J and M said...

Something tells me that you are working on other writing............ hope it's going well!