Jan 11, 2009

Annual Hill family portraits



It's no easy task getting everyone to smile at the appropriate time and look in the correct direction, but my mom got the shots right, even with a self-timer, which required a quick dash to the designated spot!

10 comments:

Melea said...

Apparently the self-timer on your mom's camera works better (or is at least better understood!) than the timer on Laura's camera! :) Which is probably good because we were all laughing so hard after the timer mix-up that it took some serious work for everyone to stop laughing enough to take a decent picture!

Sara said...

These are BEAUTIFUL!!!! I especially am in awe of the color coordination. :)

Elizabeth said...

Great shots -- you all look fantastic!

Becca said...

I used to like taking family photos, but Allen has successfully gotten me to dread it. He whines more than any of the children, and does this weird, fake laugh in an attempt to make himself look like he's smiling "naturally."

I love the serious-faced one. Is it serious? Or haughty? Maybe sophisticated? "Quick, everyone look sophisticated!"

Courtney said...

As per many conversations at mom and dad's (laughing and mocking) I would only ask: Can't you do some wacky photo-shop thing to make me look like an Andy Warhol painting?

Bloatoblooters - such a Hill word.

One of these days I'm gonna be WELL and look like me again!

In the meantime I might have to blog that picture from the Langen party --- hahaha, that's what I call BLACKMAIL. :)

Sherry said...

What a beautiful, (sophisticated?) family. So glad you are my family, too.

love, Aunt Sherry

Steph Thomas said...

These turned out so good. What a great job.

Erin said...

The serious faced picture is a joke ... one of several "silly" poses. I think one of us suggested trying for the 1800s photo look where somber people stare out.

J and M said...

BTW - a certain brother-in-law of yours was the camera-dasher. Just setting the record straight. :)

Erin said...

Sorry Jonathan - that was your moment of running glory, and I forgot all about it.