Jan 6, 2009

White Christmas






Minnesota delivered on the snow front!

We had heaps and piles, freezing rain, moist, moldable snow (best for making snowmen and snowballs), hard, packed snow on the sled hills, softly falling snow in the evenings, bitter, biting gusts, and tasty clumps to eat. There was one contingency urging restraint on the eating of snow ("It could be fatal!" "It chills your internal organs!"), but Uncle Andrew urged everyone to remember childhood is so precious, so short that they should be able to eat all the snow they want!

10 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I'm with Uncle Andrew! Looks lovely.

Sara said...

I love the hats on in the hot tub!

robyncreates said...

Love the snow pics-brings back childhood memories of Idaho.

J and M said...

I LOVE these pictures. Why were they not on my camera? I also missed the internal organs bit, and must have been with Andrew psychically since it was I/me (whatever the grammar is) who encouraged the eating of snow and making of snow ice cream!

I do, however, draw the line on licking icicles. I love the picture of dad with leg kicking!

Becca said...

1: the snowblowing photo is precious
2: the close-up of you: Binoche all the way
3: so jealous of the hot tub!
4: we are covered with snow as well, and one of my NYRez is to spend at least a half an hour outside, six days per week. So far, so good . . . we'll see how I feel when we still have three feet in April.

Sherry said...

I, too, love these pictures!! I've shown everyone the hats in the hot tub photo.
I guess it is best to kick up you heels when snow blowing--makes it more fun.

Erin said...

That's Fred on snowblowing duty. He does add flair to the job!

Steph Thomas said...

That just looks so cold. Sledding sounds like fun, though. Oh the good old days.

Susan said...

It's so fun that you can get the album up for us all to remember. That self portrait is something.

Jennifer said...

Great pictures! I hear the high there today is 18 degrees! How nice that you can have the memories and still come home to 60 degree weather in January!