Poor girl. Poor bruised girl. (Note - this picture is sort of fish-eyed, and no, Annie's head is not actually pear-shaped, but I had to get up close to capture the bruises.)
Annie is self-conscious to begin with. This amplified all of her anxieties. She did not want people noticing. I actually let her take a sick day the next day because her head was hurting. But then I had to send her to school with a powder compact (to 'disguise' the bruises) the day after that.
"Mom, that powder did NOT cover it up like you said it would!" she told me at the end of the day. Gulp.
Of course we got a few "So, you're keeping your kids in line?" jokes from total strangers, accompanied by hitting gestures.
2) I own a pair of red love-inscribed pajama bottoms. Graham grabbed the camera the other night and starting taking pictures of me, the linoleum, the cat food bowl, a purple dress in the closet, and who knows what else ?!?!? He laughed most uproariously at the photo of my pants.
I know that I could stand to exercise, but still, it's a bit disconcerting to be such a source of amusement.
3) Graham loves to beat box, and has a hard time refraining from his beats and bops and clicks, even when he should be quiet, i.e. bedtime & church meetings. This noisy skill is not really a huge cause for alarm, but I wanted to include this picture because it so captures Graham in the midst of a beat. (Now who's laughing?)
8 comments:
Poor Annie! Those bruises look terrible.
Love the picture of Graham dancing. Stuart would love it, too. He was showing us some of his moves tonight. :) Marin asked: "Mom, do you ever wish you had, like, a sports boy?" I (of course) said: "I wouldn't want to have any kind of boy other than Stuart." And it's true. I'll take my ballet-dancing, hip-gyrating, fingernail-painting boy any day.
Poor Annie! That's pretty nasty looking. It's always nice when kids get boo-boos that look like they get beat up at home, don't you think?
Graham looks like a kid! Like *gasp* a so-called tweenager. When did he get so lanky?
His teeth came first. The limbs have followed.
:)
This is quite random but -- is Graham wearing pants in his beat boxing pictures?
Poor sweet Annie's face!
The best part of the picture of Graham is that it looks like he is pant-less, and quite possibly is! You can get a lot of mileage with that picture. Sorry about Annie. Good excuse for lots of kisses! :)
I agree with everyone else -- Poor Annie, and funny pants-less Graham ... :)
The jammies just look like a swatch of cute valentine's material. No problemo.
Post a Comment