Note: If you look down the Table of Contents, you'll see a piece written by Mahonri Stewart. If that isn't an LDS name, I don't know what is ... except Fielding McConkie ... or a girl I remember from college named Kimball Smith. Her parents had been married by Spencer W. Kimball, and gave his name to her.
What are your favorite LDS names?
Becca's son is named Brigham. That counts.
I like the name Eliza, and while not exclusively LDS, one could add the middle name Snow.
This stunning photograph is found on the Mormon Artist website.

Heather also sent me a wonderful album called Hymns Anew by Clayton Pixton. Thank you Heather! I love it. My kids love it. It's our mandatory listening on the way to and from church. It gets us in our Sunday-go to meetin' mood!
On his website, Clayton Pixton has a free download/listen to some of his songs. I especially love his piano version of "Come, Come Ye Saints", sung by his sister Skye (Marni knew her in BYU Singers, I believe) and "Adam-ondi-Ahman". This summer when we drove through Missouri, the three of us took a detour off I-35 and found Adam-ondi-Ahman. As we drove through the winding backroads in search of a sign, Pixton's arrangement of the hymn was playing on our van CD player, and I was very moved. Take a listen!
6 comments:
Thanks, I'm going to check it out.
I really love the name Kimball, but Allen hates it. I knew a guy named Moroni at Ricks, and of course we can't forget Allen's friend, Nephila.
Nephila - are you SERIOUS? That's worse than "Nephi Courage" and "K8" (said Kate) - both actual baby names in the state of Utah by their records. Utahbabynames.com -- it's HILARIOUS!
Can't contribute to your Mormon names, although remember those t-shirts 10-15 years ago that had a big M on them and then said: "Malcolm, Martin, Mandela, Me"?? My Dad had one made up that said: "Mahonri, Moriancumer, Mormon, Me."
I also LOVE the Pixtons CD and wish that I could know them in person. They seem like an amazing family. I'll probably never know them, and if I did, they seem way too cool/hip for me, but hey - a girl can dream. :)
This background and new photo are EXCELLLLLENT. Did this destroy all your widgets? If so, cutest blog on the block is better.
As for LDS names....
1.Nephi Courage
2. Jacobugath
3. Jennifivetina
4. Brighamina
5. Precious Blessing
HaHa. these are on a real utah baby namers website (or Book of Mormon for #2).
(: M
Oh I just realized Courtney had posted about Nephi Courage..........You are right courtney!! I attest!
For the sake of truth.
I knew Skye but was friends and sang with Courtney Pixton (different married name, I'll keep it out for privacy sake here). The brother went by Clay then........
My BIL wrote a paper for a BYU social anthropology class documenting the absurdity of Utah baby names (this was *years* ago). He also has a son named Lorenzo Shakespeare (and another named William Todd Shakespeare -- both born in Utah).
I know Brigham is a pretty popular.
An old roommate of mine has children named Rio Aphrodite, Indigo Nile, Casbah Mossimo (and a 4th who's name I can't remember, with a 5th on the way.)
People think my kids have weird names, though.
Post a Comment