Feb 12, 2009

North Texas kite flying


Windy day? Check.
Overcast sky? Check.
$1.00 kites? Of course!
Graham's Iron Man kite caught in tree within first ten minutes at park? Uh oh.
Graham distraught at his dervish kite, spinning itself madly in the branches? What do you think?
Annie on the monkey bars within first ten minutes at park? Yup.
Ellie worried that her Barbie kite will fly away? Oh dear...
Miles exploring happily in the field? Yes. Until he found the fire ant mound.
Fire ants in February? No way!
Erin prematurely aged by the wind? The pictures do not lie, I'm afraid.








5 comments:

Becca said...

I always got excited to fly kites as a kid, usually in April, (when the bluebonnets have already come and gone down in your neck o' the woods). And even though we had an entire soccer field directly across the street from our house, the $1 kites oooooooooways got blown to the cottonwood trees on the other side of the field. It's the American Experience, as far as I'm concerned (maybe PBS could do a historical documentary about kites??? Starting with Ben Franklin??? . . . it's late, okay?)

Erin, you are as Binoche as ever. And I'm not just saying that.

Courtney said...

For some reason I always figured that Texas was warm and vibrantly green, even in the winter --- I mean, yes, Graham is in a t-shirt but the grass looks about what it does here with the snow melted and it's rather overcast. Is that normal????

Bummer about the kite.

Elizabeth said...

Everything I want to say, Becca says better! I was going to say you are gorgeous, but as Binoche as ever is not only correct, but a very, very cool compliment.

J and M said...

0Oooooh. I want to take this whole post and pictures. I love them. And yes, C, it is not lush. That's why we need snow.

(snow and cold will also kill the fire ants).

Susan said...

the pictures are really better than web cam. Thanks for sharing. No fire ants for me.