The Littlefield Lowdown?
Argh.
It sounds like a weekly square dance get-together. Or something even further down the food chain than the Drudge Report. It sounds like a tiny monthly newspaper (make that newsletter) for some west Texas pitstop town.
Did you know there is a town in west Texas called Littlefield? (I once had a student who hailed from Littlefield, Texas. Yup. That's about all he had to say on the subject too.)

Why did I think I needed a synonym for 'news'?
Now that I've read dozens and dozens of these blogs (my kids: "Mom, who is that in that blog picture?" me: "I don't know. I just clicked on it." my kids: "But who are they?" me: "Seriously - I have no idea who they are."), it's clear that some people chose cute titles (Dear Diary or 24/7/365), and others sound like dance barkers.
2 comments:
I love your blog name! Sheesh! I think of neither dancing nor cheesy newsletters, but of your charming stories. Remorse begone!
But it has a such a nice alliterative ring . . .
It could be worse--"Littlefield Lamentations," "Little Field, Big Dreams," "Littlefield Loquacity," "Littlefield Libations," "Littlefield, LTD" (okay, maybe that would've been a cool one). Ha!
But I agree with Elizabeth. wholeheartedly.
Post a Comment