I thought it deserved its own post.
Also, I forgot to upload this picture with the other post.
Marni and I could not stop laughing at Graham's kite, spinning and spinning in the tree. It did not need a person to fly it.
Graham was not amused.
Not amused by the kite and definitely not amused by us laughing at the kite.
"It's NOT funny!" he bellowed. (Graham is a bellower - I am not just using the verb to add variety. It's actually appropriate.)
A kind man helped Graham get it out of the tree. The string was ruined and the kite had no future, but still, it was very nice of him to help.
Jonathan gave Graham a kite-flying lesson.
"How come YOUR kite works?" Graham asked him, accusingly.
"I've been flying kites all my life," answered Jonathan.
I'm not sure if Graham made the connection.
4 comments:
Maybe Graham would see the humor if he started reading "Peanuts"--because kite-eating-trees have been out there for a long time.
Also, I love the word dervish, and I love your disclaimer about the use of the word "bellow." I always get excited when I see you've updated, Erin.
Erin could write a book on how to use words excellently ... she should be a TEACHER! :)
It was frightful and hilarious, the kite was alive.
Yes, he does bellow. We will call a spade a spade.
Post a Comment