Graham and Annie share a room, and for the most part, this works great. Stories at the same time, prayers at the same time, repeated requests for snacks at the same time. It's all three of us in there together!
But having a cougher in the same room makes it hard to go to sleep. The sounds are amplified to an unbearable volume level. Annie has had enough of his coughing at bedtime. (As I keep pointing out to her, he can't help it. That seems insignificant to her tired brain.)
I recall a memorable dream when I was twelve - in the dream, we were leaving to visit Grandma and Grandpa in Twin Falls!!! - that was so vivid and believable that I wanted to pack my suitcase when I woke up. I really thought we were leaving that morning. I was sad when it turned out I had to go to school.
4 comments:
I am dreaming such PEDESTRIAN dreams lately, literally, about labeling files. I'm almost glad when Oliver cries and wakes me up --- tell Annie she's lucky to have such good dreams ... :) (and coughing, to the non-cougher, can be so irritating)
This story is hilarious, but even more funny is the picture of Annie with her arms crossed.
Ugh, I had high school calculus dreams last night. The teacher announced to the whole class that I was getting a 38%.
Sometimes Andrew's snoring becomes a part of my dreams - that's when I know it's time for me to say -- hello hide-a-bed, hello for Andrew that is! Because let's face it - I am a Princess (and I don't mean that in a conceited way - I mean that like, in "The Princess and the Pea!") Sleep in a very precious thing to me, and my semi-narcolpetic husband (diagnosed by me, M.D.) can sleep just about anywhere and has on occasion said he likes to camp because everyone once in a while it just feels good to sleep on the ground. And that my friends - is the same reason that I do NOT camp.
Perhaps a white noise maker (Marni has the blasto-version), or an air-purifier, to cover the coughing????
Wish we could have been in Denton with all y'all!
I could have spared a large bathroom and humidifier for the boy! ARGH.
I have fun pictures to put up soon............hope you're not exhausted from staying with us and coughing.
Post a Comment