Yesterday, we walked, biked and scootered to Graham's baseball practice, just a few blocks away. Annie, pedaling away on her bike, said proudly, "I already know how to drive now. You won't have to teach me to drive a car, Mom. I can do it now."
Scary thought.
Where were we? Oh yes, baseball. Three-times a week practices or games. We've been occupied. But Saturday's season opener was a hit. Graham even had a base hit and a decent stop in the outfield. He had great team spirit and enjoyed beating the Hooks. (However, the Timber Rattlers later defeated our team. Not just rattlers, but timber rattlers.)
Our weekend stats -
Number of Little League games played by Graham (and scored by Kyle): 2
Number of snow-cones consumer by Annie: 13
Number of times one of my kids had to 'use the facilities' behind some shrubbery: 3
Number of times we spotted poison ivy near our natural toilet: 1 (our last time there)
Number of pictures I took: 0
Number of missed Saturday Gen. Conf. sessions I am still watching online: 1
Was it worth it? Totally. Also, I saved myself a fortune on drivers' education so that's something to be excited about.
I always think "This is the busiest week ever", but since I returned from Spring Break, I've been going 100 miles per hour. Lots of posts still to post. Lots of clothes still to fold and put away. Lots of hugs still to be given and math problems still to be solved. The essays, oh, the essays. I've got a stack two feet high.
Still, we have good health, tasty food, a warm, cozy house, furry cats, friendly neighbors, a loving ward, fantastic family members and everything else we need.
3 comments:
I've missed you! Sorry it's been so busy, but WHOOP on biking to the game!!
My favorite lines from this post:
"Number of times one of my kids had to 'use the facilities' behind some shrubbery: 3"
"Number of times we spotted poison ivy near our natural toilet: 1 (our last time there)"
and, best of all:
"Also, I saved myself a fortune on drivers' education so that's something to be excited about."
I am more surprised at the team name "Hooks" than I am at "Timber Rattlers." What is Graham's team name? You should suggest "Poison Ivy" for next years' team.
I'm proud of your biking spirit and pottying in bushes as we would do! Glad you did not use poison ivy as nature's TP and the laundry will stay in lovely piles for weeks, if you're like me.........(that's why a laundry roomish thing is nice). hide the filth!!
m
Post a Comment