Note: I was perusing my old posts files in hopes that I could fix some links and some spacing and all that. Well, goodness gracious, I found paragraphs I never posted. I'm sure it doesn't matter to anyone else, but heck, I wrote it and on Graham's birthday, too. Why is it still in draft form? I'll never know ...
It's Graham's big day. He's nine today. His first words this morning? "Am I really nine, Mom? Will I never again be eight?"
It's Graham's big day. He's nine today. His first words this morning? "Am I really nine, Mom? Will I never again be eight?"
When I pretended to be sad, he reminded me that he would always still be my little Oscar (an imaginary character he likes to play ... Oscar is a sweet black kitten who drinks milk from a bowl on the floor and likes to be scratched under the chin, and Graham plays the role very well.)
Graham's celebrations started on Sunday, with a visit from Meme and Pawpaw. He opened up lots of fun Yo Gabba Gabba toys, a baseball bag to store his bat, glove and gear (yay!), a new flashlight and compass, plus an awesome duffel bag filled with swim trunks, swim shirts and special instructions for opening it from Gammy. Actually, Graham's celebrations started a few weeks ago when he opened gifts from the Kirschs and Mawmaw. You know, it's more fun to spread it out!

"Mom, how did you know I wanted this?!?!?"
Well ... the fact that you mentioned it every day for a month might have tipped me off, Buddy. Just a thought.
Graham is a great gift receiver ... if the gift is right. When he opens something that he's excited about, he really radiates joy. "Are you kidding me?!?!?!" he said at Easter when he received his own Cadbury eggs. He has also been known to say, "Is there anything else that I might like more?" I enjoy shopping for him because I can imagine the joyful reaction he'll provide.
Last night, since it was his birthday eve, I brought out one special present before bedtime. He closed his eyes and Annie and I sang to him. Then I nudged the box toward his outstretched hands. When he opened the box and saw this inside, he was thrilled.

"Mom, how did you know I wanted this?!?!?"
Well ... the fact that you mentioned it every day for a month might have tipped me off, Buddy. Just a thought.
Graham is a great gift receiver ... if the gift is right. When he opens something that he's excited about, he really radiates joy. "Are you kidding me?!?!?!" he said at Easter when he received his own Cadbury eggs. He has also been known to say, "Is there anything else that I might like more?" I enjoy shopping for him because I can imagine the joyful reaction he'll provide.
1 comment:
I almost feel bad when I get something Matthew really wants - he gets so overcome with gratitude and cries. It's sweet, and breaks my heart a little in a good way every time.
Post a Comment