In an very unofficial poll of just one of my classes, however, there were more than a few who liked the idea. Texas is a whole 'nother country, as they like to say. State pride is a wonderful thing, and goodness knows, I'm as proud of Minnesota as the next person, maybe Garrison Keillor, but (some) Texans take that state pride to a whole 'nother level.
Carl sent me this link, and the blog author has cleverly divided the Lone Star state into five new states with nifty explanations about the boundaries, names and characteristics. Looks like I'd get to be in New Texas, which I'm glad about. If it happens.
10 comments:
Two words: famous potatoes.
I'd like to share my thoughts on Rick Perry, but won't/can't for fear an on-line obscenity blocker will kick in. So I'll just say this: What a serious loser! Add in a major eye roll and a huffy breath (think Junie B. Jones).
No way would College station be in the same state as Austin, if it had the choice. Sorry Erin, but you are destined to be in Gulfland. Although I bet they would call it just East Texas. West Texas. Central Texas. No way would any part of Texas want to give up the label of Texas.
Brian
New Texas it is ... hey, Erin, I tried calling you this weekend. Give me a ring if you get a minute, will you? Also, last week's Office and 30 Rock LITERALLY KILLED ME.
Brian - I think you're right. Yikes! Heather - you're just upset that you'll be stuck in Trinity - ha ha!!
The weird thing is, I think he's up for reelection (am I wrong?). Seems like strange talk for someone who wants to continue in the job of Guv. Even GWB wouldn't have said that kind of stuff out loud - I think ?!?!?
Hmmm. Plain land, sounds like Kansas, Wyoming and Oklahoma several states I'd rather not abide in. However, if they do get cold in the winter I might swap them for here, as the allergens are BAD in the plainland. (: Hahah.
Come back to Minnesota - it's cold and there are mosquitoes but all parts like each other from Ely to Mankato.
I've heard (read?) that he's intentionally positioning himself to the FAR right to gain votes because he'll be running against Kay Bailey Hutchison, a more moderate Republican. ???
Rick Hertzberg and I support your secession: http://tinyurl.com/c9a822
Pardon me, didn't Mr. Perry just ask for swine flu pandemic help from the USA? I didn't hear him describe it as foreign aid.....
Post a Comment