Apr 28, 2009

The District of Columbia, part one


Jason, Oliver's head, their great leather chair, the much-recited kitten book and Elizabeth (from l to r)


Us outside Reagan National airport, the prettiest airport I've had the privilege of flying into/out of (apologies to MSP Intl' airport)

I arrived one week before the Cherry Blossom festival, but this tree was obligingly pink. However, I later learned that Cherry Blossom trees have white flowers. I don't know what this tree is, but I liked it.


This is us in the National Portrait Gallery, exhausted after extensive viewing of portraits.


Here's the National Portrait Gallery from the outside.

When I left D.C. last month, Elizabeth made me promise I would not delay in sending & posting pictures. Does April 28th count as a delay?

5 comments:

Becca said...

Oh, what a fun time! I would love to go to DC some day. I understand completely about posting pictures a month later . . . I think you and I were doing the same thing at the same time!

J and M said...

Did you bike while there too?

Elizabeth said...

Yay! Pictures! We didn't bike, darn it, because I am lazy and Erin is wee and all of our bikes would have been way too big for her. Also we didn't have Oliver's trailer put together yet. And I was 9 weeks pregnant, and exhausted. And ... well, I'm out of excuses. We should have biked. Also --- these pictures barely tell the tale of what an awesome weekend it was. Thanks again, Erin.

Steph Thomas said...

I really liked MSP Int'l airport. I thought it was one of if not the best airport I have been in, granted that is not too many but still.

Susan said...

Yes, and I'd love to go THERE too. Glad to see you Elizabeth.