I love this article about a Pittsburgh, PA tradition of serving fancy cookies at wedding receptions. What fun!
Annie and I attended a mother/daughter tea party earlier in the month, and the sugar cookie stars served to us were absolutely delicious, almost as good (but not quite) as the Swedish butter cookies our exchange student Anna would make!
The secret to a perfect cookie is the butter, writes Julia Moskin, author of the article "Butter Holds the Secret to Cookies that Sing."
I would definitely sing out "I do ... believe I'll have some more cookies!"

4 comments:
We're making the pb/choc ones from this article tonight!!
OF COURSE butter is the secret. Mmmmmmm . . . butter.
I had to decline an invite to a cookie party tonight because it conflicted with the Relief Society Christmas dinner. Now that I am back from said dinner (and since, hopefully, no one in my ward reads the comments I leave on your blog), I wish I'd chosen the cookie party . . .
There's always next year.
I'm doing my first cookie exchange this year. And my cookies have A LOT of butter. (truly, the best ingredient in cookies, second only to SUGAR)
Butter... ahhhh
Post a Comment