(In this picture, I think Graham looks exactly like the genetic cross between his mom and his dad that he is. Funny how a relatively small portion of someone's face can evoke another being and a full-set of related memories. The nose/mouth/chin thing is pure Kyle. The cheeks and squinty eyes are from me.)
What should I ask Santa to bring me?
I am sharing this picture partly to show the before of my blow-dried hairstyle after. This is full-on horrid pull-back creepy hair mode. For the same dress, next day, much improved hair, see "Final style mini photo essay." Maybe a 'Thanks, Santa, for this stocking full of hair product!' is in order.
Quick sidenote: does anyone besides me hate the way people refer to styling creams and gels as product, singular? Drives me nuts, almost as nuts as the way people say "Farve" when referring to the loved/hated QB (see "Leaving on a Jet Plane").
One more quick sidenote: I think that this lyric, from the nouveau classic "Santa, Baby" is odd. I know it's from 1953, but would a woman's wildest dreams of luxury (yachts, mink coats, etc.) include this?
"Santa honey, one little thing I really need, the deed/To a platinum mine"
7 comments:
Allen and I like to say "Buy my product," in a deadpan voice like that bald guy who has a commercial about cd roms that teach you how to use a computer . . . am I the only one who sees a problem with this "product"? I don't like when people say "hair product" either.
But (gulp), I say "Farve." What is the correct pronunciation, please?
Graham looks so handsome--and that third picture does look so much like both of you. I'm glad he overcame his stage fright!
I'm not suggesting you say his name any differently. Everyone pronounces it "Farve." I'm just saying everyone is wrong.
Not that I'm sure that I'm right or anything ...
It just seems like a simple matter to look at the order of the letters in his name
F-A-V-R-E
and realize that the V comes BEFORE the R.
Didn't everyone have to take two semesters of linguistics in college?
I'm the freak who goes around saying Feb - ruh-ary too, and it bugs my children. ("Mom, that's NOT how you say it! Don't embarrass us.")
And you know, Becca, all about the correct pronunciation of "guacamole" ... not that I've made a fool of myself talking about the tasty avocado dip.
I know that English is a living language and the pronounciation changes ("would," "could," "should" used to have audible L sounds hundreds of years ago), and I'm not trying to stop the flow of progress.
It should be said Feb roo ary, and I do like the use of the word product as is.
I'm glad for Mr. G, and I laughed at his zig zagging around. Nervous energy can only be transormed into greatness (: Even the best performers still get queasy (and the resultant frozen face).
I love that Santa Baby song. Ariel sang it once in Jon's master class for Christmas. She is such a high class gal that it was a hoot!
It should be said Feb roo ary, and I do like the use of the word product as is.
I'm glad for Mr. G, and I laughed at his zig zagging around. Nervous energy can only be transormed into greatness (: Even the best performers still get queasy (and the resultant frozen face).
I love that Santa Baby song. Ariel sang it once in Jon's master class for Christmas. She is such a high class gal that it was a hoot!
I think we learned well - I say Febrooary too. Do you all say Who, What and Why with the appropriate WH sound?
Santa Baby - I just can't get past Sandra Lee's voice - sometimes you wonder how people get recording contracts - went to Matt Culloton's concert last night, now that was worthy of a recording contract but, let's face it, they would never sing "Santa Baby".
I also say NuCLEAR in stead of nukular..... Love that santa. What a dress....
I also say NuCLEAR in stead of nukular..... Love that santa. What a dress....
Post a Comment