My two favorites together.
No, not Oreos and whole milk.
Not peanut butter and nutella.
Not baked Lay's and chocolate milk.
It's Spoon and nytimes.com - check out a certain Arts feature from this week!
I noticed a particular word cluster in the sentence in the middle of the second paragraph of "Spoon: Still Independent, Still Cool" - "Hanging out backstage after the concert, drinking beer, talking to girls, Britt Daniel, Spoon’s outsize frontman, guitarist and songwriter, explained his choice of recessional." - and wondered how I could be a part of the "talking to girls" part.
p.s. Please don't think I'm totally nutters. This is just a little album-release euphoria. I'm like those one of the girls who screamed at the Beatles when they arrived from Liverpool and stepped out of that airplane, and then went on to live a fulfilling non-rock star obsessed life. I wouldn't have posted this story link had it not come from the New York Times, so don't worry that I might keep inundating you daily with band features. Of course, it could be just the introduction to the band you've been waiting for. If you read the article, you'll realize there are other fellows in the band too. I somehow fail to mention Jim Eno, Eric Harvey and Rob Pope when I write about Spoon, but they do good work.
What can't Mr. Daniel do? He's obviously skilled in handicrafts! Get this man an etsy shop.

1 comment:
thanks for putting on the clips. I enjoyed the early morning listen.
Post a Comment