Jan 29, 2010

Skin care

Here's Courtney's tip for smooth, supple skin. Smear Aquafor on your face. Rub in huge quantities with both hands, palms open, especially before tubing down an icy hill at top speeds on a windy day. Repeat as needed. Keep a jumbo tube in the pocket of your parka. Repeat so often that the Aquafor also gets into your hair. Could make the hair shiny as well. Shiny cheeks. Shiny hair. Shiny coat pocket, for that matter.

3 comments:

Susan said...

I know in your heart you miss the bitter frigid shattering cold. Baxter is trying to help me as the words move on the computer screen.

Courtney said...

It works because in remote areas of the world - high altitudes of Pakistan, Afghanistan and elsewhere(see Greg Mortenson's book "Stones into Schools") they do the same thing - only they use the grease that is left on their hands after eating a freshly slaughtered animal - oily residue, nothing goes to waste they eat the eyeballs, the testicles, the brains and more and then when done smear the grease on their faces to protect it from the snow and wind and also in their hair. I mean if you don't have access to bathing regularly due why not have greasy, oily, sheep smelling hair right? I get the skin part I really do (I just don't quite understand the hair.) Aquaphor is a miracle in a tube.

Becca said...

Shiny happy people. I'm taking that tip to the bank!