Jan 7, 2010

What I'm listening to that you guys might also like to listen to: Death Cab for Cutie

I can just sense that my "My Block" clip was a clunker. That's okay! It took me awhile to warm up to the song too. Be prepared to listen to me play that piano line once I have it memorized. But here's something a little more user friendly, and no less lovely for being accessible. It's the Death Cab for Cutie song "Different Names for the Same Thing" from the album Plans. (I'm all for unique band names, but guys, c'mon!)

Any why so many music posts lately? I've found that the varied soundtrack of the past few years of my life has been therapeutic. The music brings me joy, and I'm glad to find that I can enjoy it, discover it, share it, even by myself. It's a good connector to other people, and I like to share and receive recommendations. Yes, I love knowing the songs that make up the sountracks of your lives too.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

What I'm listening to: GLEE Season One Volume One. LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT.

Me and you - Defying Gravity, oh yeah!

Tracy Loewer said...

Yeah, that Scarface song didn't do anything for me. I know that good rap takes skill, but I only like it in very small doses. Like in Linkin Park's In The End, or at the beginning of Karl Wolf's cover of Africa (which has a cool, reggae rap that I wish came back in the middle instead of the lame doo-be-doos).