Oct 27, 2008

Graham musings

I realized that I was onto something with yesterday's oaky food post: provide transcriptions of Graham-isms. This afternoon he was SUPER excited to have Harper home ("I am so glad Harper didn't die because then she didn't have a long life."), and in about 10 minutes of pacing and walking in my room, he told me these things. I just sat here and listened ... and typed. Wowza, he has an original way of thinking. Here are today's Graham-isms:
"No one can kill Harper unless I say so, and I'll never say so... but germs can kill Harper. But lucky for us: white blood cells! They will eat the germs. But I can't really stop them. Only her white blood cells can do that."

"You know what? Harper really is like a dog. You know why? Because she can wear a baseball cap, just like a dog."

"Alexei's our old sleeping cat now. Mom, do you think Harper should just stay inside until she's an old sleeper like Lexei?"

"I like the way her face looks like because with her little pink nose and her little face."

"I wish dogs cleaned up after themselves like cats.I would like a dog because of lots of things, like, I could play fetch with the dog, or dress him up in a little rap suit, and he could sing Soulja Boy with a little cap, and I could sleep by him."

"I'm glad Harper's home. Mom, mom!, I'm glad Harper is home, and now Mom, do you know what that means? When Knight is, like, settled in and he can come inside, then when I'm going to bed, then Lex, Harper or Knight can sleep by me on my bed. So far it's just been Lex, since that was the only one we had."

"Do you think Knight's stinks, or no? I wanted to tell you something, Mom. Knight kind of reminds me of a ferret and a black panther."

"Harper, try not to go in places where you get stuck at night, okay? But I'm not talking about places like K-n-i-g-h-t."

"No one ever, ever has Harper for dinner. Mom, no one at all is allowed to have Harper for dinner. I'm never going to let anyone have you for dinner. I'm going to let you have a nice, peaceful life."

5 comments:

Janine said...

Wow! I can imagine him saying this almost in one breath. It makes me tired just reading it... how do you do it?

Courtney said...

I love Graham and I love you as his mom (NOT a Miss Hannigan mom either!)

Becca said...

Um, who is Knight? I guess I need to keep reading other posts to figure it out??? A black kitty?

Elizabeth Kiker said...

No one will eat Harper or you either, thank goodness --- that would have been awful, if they just cooked you up for dinner. Who would transcribe Graham's words for us then?

Susan said...

I can actually hear him saying it. Oh i miss you guys.