

As you know, there's been lots of fuss about Palin's $150,000 wardrobe, paid for by the RNC,and whispers of impropriety. Pundits wonder whether or not this expensive wardrobe makes it possible for her to relate to ordinary Americans, or whether or not it's prudent to spend this kind of money during economic crisis. Here's my take:
~Her clothes are beautiful. She looks polished and put together, as she should.
~She had very short notice after receiving the VP nod, and it makes sense that the political operatives would help her look the part, pronto. (I read that the clothes were paid for by a MN Republican while she was in St. Paul. Hey, whatever works for the MN economy!)
~$150,000 is a lot for clothes, yes, but a drop in the bucket of overall campaign expenses. Obama has raised hundreds of millions, McCain has spent millions. Air travel and hotels and food and paper and all of that add up. We'd probably all be shocked if we were able to see the itemized list of campaign expenses for either candidate.
~She probably didn't ask for the clothes or even choose them herself.
~Designer clothes do cost more, and hey (as a Project Runway fan), they're probably worth it. Who among us hasn't yearned to be picked by Stacey & Clinton for a shopping spree in NYC?
I think this is much ado about silliness. The reasons I won't vote for Sarah Palin have to do with her policies and her unreadinessto be president (mostly that, IMHO). Sure, I could elaborate on that, but won't. I think she's an attractive, energetic person with an obvious love of her family and commitment to her conservative politics.
I'd love to look that good in a pantsuit.
9 comments:
I would love to look that good in a pantsuit too! I personally like the glasses. I often wonder how they look so good while traveling, being at conventions, lack of sleep etc. I'd be a wearing the stretchy yoga pants (:
I'm embarrassed to say that I don't know what IMHO means . . . I guess I could google it.
I'll be brave and also admit that I have never yearned to be picked by Stacey OR Clinton. :)
Happy with my D.I. finds, thank you :).
In my humble opinion, Stacey & Clinton rock, Becca!
Ha ha :)
Erin, I have to agree that I would love to be picked by Stacey & Clinton. I've often thought about asking Sam to submit something to the show!!!! I just don't think they would want me to wear those nice, designer clothes while painting, playing outside, and just being messy with 16 children all day...hmmm.
While I'm not a Sarah Palin fan but her style is lovely. Someone needs to tell Cindy McCain that her hair looks hideous - bleachy and stringy, and way to long for a woman her age and her outfits. Gag! Hillary Clinton's suits were tone on tone and way too much in the reds, blues and taupes. I want to like Michelle Obama's ode to Jackie Kennedy but I don't think they fit her body type. Sarah's colored jackets and darker bottoms, and darker suits in general (skirt and pants) are flattering and fashionable. I disagree with Marni - the glasses BUG me but not just on her, I don't like that style in general like um hi, I'm trying hard at being uber-trendy. But at least it's not a best dressed contest for a national election because that would be FREAKING SCARY (in my opinion).
Can I edit my previous posting -- all the grammatical errors like to instead of too and the opening sentence is just WRONG - hey, you get that when you type fast and push publish without proofing. At least you can do that on your own blog postings.
BTW I wouldn't mind a What Not to Wear session -- give me the $5,000, give me some pointers for my body type, let Nick do my hair but keep me WAY far way from Carmindy who looks like SHE needs a make over - her hair is bad (ala Cindy McCain - those bangs, the too light of blond, stringy ugh!) I can't stand that she tells everyone how beautiful they'll be if they bleach their teeth like it's not a commercial. (I watched the show today at mom and dad's while I exercised since we only have rabbit ear get nothing tv and I was blown away by her hair, make-up and clothing and wondered how in the world did she land that job?)
I'd be afraid to be on What not to Wear but I like to watch it. I like Sarah Palin's glasses a lot but I don't like her soooo much.
I love her clothes too and I understand that it takes a lot of money to dress that way - well, I don't completely understand. since I shop mostly at Marshalls I cannot for the life of me figure out how it adds up to $150K. But I'm sure it does. And I'm sure I would cringe for about a week straight if I saw other expenses related to either campaign...
An interesting take -- I feel a lot of sympathy for Palin -- clearly she is WAYYYY over her head on the national stage --- perhaps someday she would have been fine, but is was too much, too quick, or that is how it seems to me.
Post a Comment