and do not fear,
for I the Lord am with you,
and will stand by you;
and ye shall bear record
of me, even Jesus Christ
That I am the Son of the living God,
that I was,
that I am,
and that I am to come.
~Doctrine & Covenants 68:6

(the spacing & punctuation changes are mine; the painting is by Minerva Teichert)
2 comments:
I love this Teichert painting--because there is a massive print of it (or perhaps it's the original?) in the Idaho Falls temple. When I first attended the temple as an adult, the matron pointed out the picture to me and commented on how the lamb that Christ was holding was black, which I probably would have noticed at some point, but maybe not my first time seeing the painting. It really is a special depiction.
I really love how you "looked for the line" (and got them exactly right) in that scripture--what a great way to display a favorite verse!
I love that verse and actually thought a lot about it just last month. Hey! This may seem kinda weird, but do you have any favorite quotes or scriptures? I am working on a project and would love to hear yours-I don't care how many you send-email them to me when you get a chance sometime, ok? Tks!
Post a Comment