It is with sorrow that we change her status from M.I.A. to a likely R.I.P. It's been 3.5 weeks since we last saw darling Harper, and I don't think she'll be coming back.
Graham asked, "Mom, is Harper actually dead but you won't tell me because I'm a kid?"
I wish we knew for sure, but I have a strong feeling that if Harper could, she would return. I'm afraid she got into the wrong yard & was attacked by a dog ... or something like that.
She really was a delightful kitty, one of my all-time favorites, with a tender disposition and an array of quirky habits. Mostly, my favorite thing was that she would sit in my lap while I was sitting or reading. I love a cat who will do that. I will really miss her.
7 comments:
I'm so sorry, Erin. The loss of beloved Harper is terrible. I'll hold out some small hope that she'll return and is just on an extended vacation.
Aw. I'm so sorry. Not knowing is my worst thing.
I didn't know Harper was a calico--we are getting a calico kitten in three weeks, when she's old enough to leave her mother. Maybe we could name her Harper II???
I believe animals go to heaven (James Herriott too!) and so if Harper isn't here I'm sure she's with Vanessa, Max, Sophie, Indy, Maddie, and Spencer. I'm so sorry Erin!
So sorry-again. We know how hard this is. Hug your kids for us. :)
Sorry, Erin, Graham and Annie. That is hard, especially the not knowing part.
We are sad with you. Be peaceful sweet harper. I do think that God is kind to kitties and animals, and will take care of her wherever/in heaven.
I'm so, so sorry.
Post a Comment