Urban Dictionary /lowdown/ 1. getting the skinny or full disclosure of the situation
Feb 21, 2009
Freelove Freeway
I've already written about how The Office has helped me, amused me, touched me, sustained me. This is not that post remixed (though don't put it past me to cover that same material again).
I just wanted to share a favorite moment from the BBC's The Office, from an episode where David Brent breaks out a rockin' tune during an HR training session. In this clip, the stone-faced bald man is the presenter; he cannot understand how his training session went so wrong. David Brent, the boss man with the guitar, is a clueless, pompous, often cruel performer-wannabe ... but for once, he's done something that his employees seem to like.
Side thought - I've tried to imagine what Michael Scott & David Brent would think of each other. They share some DNA, perhaps, and would not like each other much at all, because they're competing for the same role: boss as funnyman. Michael Scott is sweeter, however, and more likable. David Brent is easier to despise. Ricky Gervais, the brain behind the concept, is, as the British say, brilliant.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
One of the reasons I got TIVO was for the Office. I did/do love the British version, but the American one is so needy and so sweet that it literally kills me to watch it. Jason spends half his time with his face buried in his pillow, saying, "no, no, Michael, NO!" But of course, Michael always does ...
Post a Comment