
I just checked out Design Mom, a cool super-successful blog written by an LDS woman in New York, and loved this collection/display/fabric idea she shared. In fact, I'm starting my own embroidery hoop collection today. Tonight. Family, keep your eyes peeled for embroidery hoops at Unique or Goodwill or Savers, please. Goodies to DI for, would you dig through those dusty bins one more time?
I want to have a wall display just like this one that Design Mom posted, yes yes yes.
Also, it would be a very handy way to display fabric from special kid clothes that were no longer being worn ... or my clothes that no longer fit.
9 comments:
Cool - especially against bead-board in the background!
Oh, you will be swamped with embroidery hoops soon enough. The DI is overflowing with them . . .
Too bad, after looking at our DI spending during the first three months of the year, we decided to go on a two-month DI fast. You don't know how much willpower and faith it took to only drop some things off at DI last weekend, without stepping a toe inside the doors.
May 21st cannot arrive quickly enough.
When I first saw the hoops I thought they were plates. Totally cool - and it gives me an extra excuse to buy cool fabrics. It would also be neat (though more work) to rig up some square "frame" to staple it around. Or you could decoupage the fabric to the back of a clear plate too. So many new ideas.
Ooooh. I could DEFINITELY see this in your house! I love it. <
I have a big one in the basement. I know there are others around.
Aunt Sherry
I've got lots of them in Dad's basement office. We could have some fun with fabric. ...
It is a lovely wall ... I'll put it up next to my newly color-sorted books.
I've seen this particular wall before, but not on DM -- where is it from? [the link didn't work for me]
I love this look too. I have a turtle fabric display (in progress) going on in the kids' bathroom. Have you seen that? Half vintage hoops, half new, half full of fabric, half empty. Above the toilet. Classy.
Soule Mama has a great display and I found a nice tutorial somewhere. Remind me to send you the links (on a night when it isn't 11.56pm).
Let me know if your sources send too many hoops and you don't know what to do with them all.
I love this too! Are you going to hate it if I start one of these too-not sure where yet...I'm with Jennifer-you can let me know if you get too many too! :) And I love the idea of kids' clothing or other memorable things up there-Ryan's BDU's and ACU's-you could do all kinds of things-something from your grandmother, your own childhood, memorable occasions...Love it! I might even post about this too if that's ok?
Post a Comment