This New York Times feature on some seller stories from this unique/phenomenally successful website is a good introduction to the online marketplace that is Etsy. As the etsy.com "home" page says, this site is "Your place to buy & sell all things handmade." Personally, I find it overwhelming and enticing and awe-inspiring. I could easily locate dozens of wonderful handmade items that would make my day. And in fact, they often do. It isn't necessary to own something to enjoy it. I appreciate the craftsmanship on display and the unique talents of Etsy's proprietors. I enjoy stringing beads as much as the next person, but am definitely a mediocre crafter at best. My hat goes off to those who create, discover, and sell on Etsy.
I love this old-fashioned typewriter ...
The person who introduced me to Etsy - Jennifer - also maintains an Etsy shop that sells her husband's wonderful letterpress cards with carvings/art he creates! I have one of Todd's "Seek Him" holiday cards and just put it in a frame to use as a holiday decoration. It was just about too pretty to give away, and now I'm happy to have it on display instead!
Here are a few other Etsy favorites that I've noticed while e-window shopping, including a darling Owl mama/baby combo, some "gold fill scroll earrings", and a hand-sewn Scrabble journal.
Do you have any favorite Etsy shops or finds?






6 comments:
I have found several cool things in the last couple years from Etsy. I bought a handmade kitchen apron for Kennedy two Christmases ago. Recently, I bought a "wedding print" modified to be an anniversary print to give to Brent tomorrow. I'm excited.
I've been too intimidated by all the selection when I go there ... I needed a guide just like this! Thanks.
Creative gold mine. I feel so left handed.
ooooo I have too many. I have been thinking about making that exact same owl mama n baby for Lor for Christmas. But somehow handmade presents get finished for others but not my immediate family.
Love the owls and earrings you found and Todd's work is always amazing! I love it when Jennifer shows me his work in progress too. :)
I've only been on etsy a couple of times and just browsed. I am amazed at how much there is on there! I have seen people make the scrabble boards with family's names on them and love it. Keep thinking I need to do one...someday...
Cool stuff. I need to spend more time online. :)
Post a Comment