Jan 8, 2010

Seeking clip guidance

Thinking a bit more about people pleasing, mostly because I have several ideas that I would love to bring to fruition, but first, need to let go of caring so much about what others think. Second, I need to stay in the chair. But first, I need to slay the fear dragon.

Let's put it in perspective, though, shall we? I'm miles ahead of this guy, emotionally (one of my fav Michael Scott moments!)


But I still want to stay in Mr. Knightley's good graces. Remember his dressing down of Emma's callousness?

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Emma was allowing herself to be influences by others negatively - seeking attention and superiority - which wasn't who she truly was and I think Mr. Knightley was reminding her that she can BE herself (which was a flawed person, but not a cruel one).

You may be a chameleon, like being liked (even praised as Michael Scott blathers), like being funny in life and in your stories - but you are not like Emma was in this situation ... easily influenced by others whose designs only benefit THEM at the expense of others. You are the opposite - a generous and caring person who goes out of her way to bless the lives of others.

Sherry said...

BTW-what do you know about the new PBS Emma? I figured your knowledge of celebrity/movies/trivia might provide some insider insights.

Anna M said...

I understand how you feel. We all need validation to feel like our hard work is noticed. (I think the best validator is our Heavenly Father, but it IS nice to hear it from people too.) When you figure out how to not ever care what others think, please share the wisdom. (I say that having kids' in a shopping cart experience lurking in my memory.)