What would I do without ______?
* fleece blankets, especially when my son gets "too hot" and turns down the thermostat to 45 degrees, and I stumble to the hallway wondering why I'm freezing and realize that I am literally 13 degrees away from actually freezing.
* nytimes.com - I check it every day. Favorites? Michelle Slatalla on Thursdays, the Ethicist, Questions with Deborah Soloman, Habitats, the Hunt, the Neediest Cases, One in a Million, Vows, State of the Union, Paul Krugman, Judith Warner, Charles Blow, Thomas Friedman, the new movie reviews on Thursdays, Social Qs on Fridays, Melissa Clark and Mark Bittman in the Dining & Wine section, and Maira Kalman's And the Pursuit of Happiness, a feature deserving of its own post.
* family photo shoots - every time we gather in Minnesota, we attempt a group shot. Used to be that we couldn't see how it all turned out til the photos were developed, but of course, the digital revolution has arrived in Central Minnesota, and now we can enjoy the craziness of assembling my parents, siblings, children, nieces and nephew into a photo in real time. I'm glad for all the images we put together. They tell their own story.
A during shot - what's the story, morning glories?
4 comments:
I couldn't agree more about the fleece blankets! I made Ammon a micro-fleece (softer AND warmer than normal fleece) blanket when we were dating--up to that point I had never seen him fit completely under a blanket, without some part of him sticking out. It turned out to be 12 ft. by 12ft, and the best gift ever--we still have it, use it every day, and we BOTH fit under it with luscious fleece to spare!
Hey! No fair only posting two pics from the Hill Family Photo Shoot!
The "during" shot is priceless.
I love the during shot too - we have one with Jeff's family when we didn't realize the camera was going off, the expressions are priceless! And we weren't even trying! More pics welcome at any time.
Post a Comment