Oct 13, 2008

Baby Halloween


Ooh, we are getting excited about Halloween around our house. Of course, I'm thinking mostly about the ward carnival, but Graham & Annie are interested in trick or treating. Our neighborhood actually has proper, old-school trick-or-treating. (Though we moved houses, we're in the same neighborhood & will celebrate Halloween the way we did last year.) Three cheers for Garden Acres! The kids go out, other kids join them, people pass out treats, we walk until it's dark, then gorge on candy. Well, eat as many carbohydrates as Graham's insulin does allows. It's still fun!

This year, Annie is going to be ... Annie! Brilliant, right? My kids love the musical and it just works. Of course, there's the matter of the red hair, but that's what wigs are for. Graham is going to be a chess piece. For him, costumes are often an indicator of his passion that year (two years as Harry Potter, two years as Spiderman - red & black, etc.) Since the YW & YM are in charge of the ward carnival, I will also dress up and I thought of the perfect easy-to-assemble costume: Miss Hannigan. Toss together some hair curlers and an old bathrobe (minus the vodka bottle) and I'll be ready to go with my darling orphan daughter.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

I love love love that picture of Hermoine and Harry (aka you and Graham) - so cute. Be sure to remember the trashy jewelry, a boa, and lots of red lipstick for Miss Hannigan. (Just channel Carol Burnett who I think was absolutely divine in that role.) Hard to remember Annie that small - like a little pumpkin. Can't wait to see your family costumes!

Steph Thomas said...

Old school trick-or-treating? I have been wondering if that is still done. Last year we went around my neighborhood and since they are all just old folks there wasn't very much excitement. I am really thinking about going around your neighborhood.