http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/07/fashion/07burn.html?ref=fashion
Stephanie and her husband Christian Nielson were in a small-airplane crash in August, and have been hospitalized for months trying to recover. The story is heartwrenching because they have four little children too.
Her blog: http://nieniedialogues.blogspot.com is currently reposting old entries, and they really are charming. This is a woman who knows how to love her husband, her children, her role as a mother.
The colors and styling of the pictures really bring to life their home and world in Arizona. I've been quite touched as I read blogs by her and blogs about her (click on the cjane read blog for updates about their recovery.)
This picture ran in a recent repost & it charmed the socks off of me.
2 comments:
I also enjoy a little Nie Nie now and again (she really *celebrates* motherhood, which I appreciate, because I'm not always so positive about it). I've been covering her recovery for a while now and have some friends who are quite involved in the fund raising efforts. Their story is truly heart wrenching.
Did I say "covering" her recovery? What am I, a reporter? I've been following her recovery. Hello, Monday Morning!
Post a Comment