Gena Lee Nolin (exactly - who??) is apparently now blogging for Graco. Yes, the stroller/high chair company. Sounds lucrative, doesn't it?Oh, who am I kidding? If I could get a gig blogging for Johnson & Johnson or Gerber, I'd be proud as a peacock. And we all know that if the Dollar Tree needed a blogger, I'd be there. If the Greater Burton Creek Neighborhood Association needed regular commentary, I'd be happy to provide it. Who am I to turn down my nose at blogging for Graco? I do it without professional association on a regular basis.
People Magazine's Celebrity Baby Blog reports on this news today:
She may be best known for her former role on Baywatch, but in a new blog for Graco, Gena Lee Nolin reveals her skills since becoming a mother reach far beyond the acting industry. “I hold the record of watching The Wiggles 25 consecutive times…Yes!”Far be it from me to snarkily dismiss this sure-to-be-exciting new blog, but Ms. Nolin's comments seems to come from the Coach Talk School of Writing, i.e. "So Coach, what are your plans for the game today?" asks a junior ESPN reporter standing on the sidelines. The Coach responds,"Well, Christopher, we need to move the ball down the field and we need to stop the other team from moving their ball down the field in the opposite direction. If we can do this, we can win this thing," answers the Coach, as though speaking originally with comments never before heard by the many fans of SportsCenter.
Her true accomplishments were no easy feat, however. While she loves the “responsibility of being a mom,” Gena has had to learn to roll with the unexpected punches that she faces in raising her kids Spencer, 12, Hudson Lee, 3 ½, and Stella Monroe, 11 months.
“Like they say, don’t sweat the small stuff,” she advises fellow moms. “I think we all tend to worry about things that don’t truly matter in the grand scheme of things.” Noting that her greatest joy to date when it comes to her children is “teaching them and watching them grow,” Gena believes with each passing day her life becomes a bit sweeter. “Being a mom has been amazing and as I go I’m more and more aware of what’s really important,” she reflects. “It’s scary and fun all in one!”
With Spencer entering into his teenage years, their mother-son bond continues to flourish. When asked to name her most recent wondrous moment with one of her children, Gena was quick to recall a chat with her oldest boy, calling the “positive adult conversation” a truly “rewarding” memory. Moments such as these leave Gena cherishing her children more than ever. “Be patient and enjoy because it goes by really fast…Now I sound like my mom!”
As Marni says, S.T.O.!
Also, I'm sure I watched "Wiggle Time" way more than 25 times. It used to be our go-to "lovie" for Graham. Some kids have blankets and pacifiers, but Graham had a videotape of "Hot Potato".
In 2003, I can't recall any other live music acts I caught, but our whole bunch - Meme and PawPaw included - caught The Wiggles Live at Reliant Arena. I think this was Greg Wiggle's farewell tour, and folks, it really was great.