And now, I add the piece de resistance: tiny felted wool birds I purchased at a little art/frame shop at a recent First Friday. Not only did I purchase the birds (I had to stop at two ... would have loved to have snapped up all ten), but I borrowed the Frame Gallery's display idea too: a tree branch hanging from the ceiling with the birds then hanging from its branches. I saw that big branch and fell in love with it. "Now there's a project I could complete," I thought to myself. Branch + birds + fishing line = interesting/beautiful. If you enlarge the branch photo, you'll see my other bird embroidery hoop friend just above where the branch hangs. 
Just for kicks, here's "Birdhouse in Your Soul" by They Might Be Giants ... cause I think I must have one in there (sorry for the weird "runescape" images - it had the best sound) + one of my favorite Andrew Bird songs, "A Nervous Tic Motion of the Head to the Left"
1 comment:
I love the hanging branch idea! Ali used a long, thick branch as the curtain rod in her little boy's room and I have always wanted to copy that. And that owl fabric! Who gave you THAT embroidery hoop?
Thanks for the chicken nod . . . :)
Post a Comment