Nov 14, 2009

This is ...

Annie - she selected this kitty poster as one of her school book fair purchases last month, and everything about it - from the feminine kitten to the bling-y letters - is representative of Annie's aesthetic, not that she herself wears this kind of get up.

     In this photo, she's demonstrating her cheek puffing techniques. 
     She helped me sort through old stuff for over an hour and then helped carry the resulting 6+ bags of said stuff (bound for Goodwill) out to the van. "Can I help you wash the van now, Mom?" she asked. Wow. Must be bad, but it isn't on our to do list for today.
     She made me laugh when I picked her up from school on Thursday: "Mom, I am going to tell you something very strange. I do want to be a pilgrim. I don't know why but I really love to be pulling corn. I'm good at it."






Graham - he helped to paint this pharoah at VBS this summer; now it hangs in our playroom, pointing towards the books. He also made me laugh - this afternoon - when he shared his total faith in Santa: "Mom, I do not need to bug you about presents. Why didn't I know? Santa Claus knows exactly what I want. He will bring me the Wii games I like. He will bring me a brand new flat screen TV. He will bring all of that and even more things I don't know I want yet."
     If we receive a brand new flat screen TV, then I'll be convinced of Santa's omniscience!



Me - Annie took some photos of me and my front door. Sure, some lipstick would be nice, but my darling six year old photographer doesn't take rainchecks. If she's ready to shoot the pictures then it's best to smile and say cheese!


3 comments:

Sara said...

wow, I hope Santa will come up this way with this bag full o' flat screen tvs... :)

Becca said...

Um, that last photo of you: totally vibrant and beautiful.

Uh-oh . . . maybe this is the last year of Santa for Graham. Time to watch "The Polar Express" and give him a bell without a clapper. (Keehee, I have always thought this would be an evil way to "let your kids in on the Santa secret")

Kitty poster: oh dear. Is Mollie going to want to buy stuff like that?

Courtney said...

"Ahhhh, she looks so beautiful" says Elin when looking at the picture of you.

Oh and the Pretty in Pink poster is a hit here - must be something about the 5-6 year old female bracket that adores as Elin just called it "Cute in Pink.