Nov 10, 2009

Fitnezz

Well, I'm on to something this week ... at long last. What, what? Fitness!

I have been working out to my brand-new Hip Hop Ten-Minute Dance Breaks Fitness DVD, and by working out, I mean doing the toning/eye-catching moves with Annie in my room.

It's a blast, actually. I've fancied myself a real urban street dancer enthusiast ever since I performed "My Prerogative" (the Bobby Brown version) with the other laurels at that 1990 ward talent show. We wore silk shirts, and nothing says Urban Dance Vibe like brightly colored silk shirts.

My family knows how much I love to dance like a fool. The more fool in the dance, the better. I love cutting loose with nonsense steps. Make that nonsense stepz! I wish there was an adult hip hop class offered locally. The semester I attended such a class at Gold's - taught by the sublime Fantasia - was a high point of my working out efforts. As fun as a DVD workout can be - and I'm first to raise my hand and shout "This is fun!" - it's even more fun to be in a large, mirrored room with 20 other groovy gals all glancing surreptitiously at their own reflections in the mirrored panels.

I'm also trying a new weight loss technique, introduced to me by Stephanie. It's called Eating Less. Quite novel but promising. Yesterday, I ate 2 breakfast tacos for breakfast, drank a glass of chilled ice water, munched on an apple with peanut butter for lunch and scarfed vegetable lasagna for dinner. I wonder how long I can keep this routine up?


I've been using my weights too. Sure, they're 3 lb. hand weights, but I've been using them to prop open my closet door so that I can put away laundry more quickly.



This is what it's all about - getting that perfect beach bod for our winter hot tub sessions over the Christmas break. Some people have a trip to the actual beach to look forward to, but I want to be fit for that mad dash over the icy patio, wrapped in my dad's old robe, wearing frozen flip flops.

3 comments:

Becca said...

The funniest part of this post is the zz's in the title. So Erin. And it's weird there's no comment field on "Fall Ball" but I do agree that those shoes are so you--as are the white tights!

Tracy Loewer said...

Those were tights? Here I was hoping someone had legs as white as mine...

Courtney said...

You are hilarious - someone should hire you to write a column for the NY Times - like in Marley and Me, except it's not a dog, you're funny stories are you and your children. (Or a book Erin - so many people do that ... think of all the literary heroines told to write what they know -- stories from their lives: Jo March, Anne Shirley.) Ala - "Funny in Farsi" and such - you have what it takes (both the talent and the experiences.)

Unlike Gena Lee Nolin who has neither talent nor ... seriously, who cares about her and Graco - like that's gonna make me go buy it because she used to wear a swimsuit and say stupid lines in an idiotic television show.

PALEEZ!