On Saturday, Annie and I organized tons o' bags of clothes that we've been saving for a certain nephew. I've saved almost everything of Graham's - or everything that could be saved - and I realized that we could probably thin the supplies to the cutest stuff (sizes 4-8) and take the rest to Goodwill.
As we sorted through a bag of old boys shoes, including a mildewed pair of deck shoes that made me gag, there were several sets with minimal wear. I imagine that some of these shoes must have been purchased on the cusp of foot growth or at the end of a season. Some we happily packed for our darling nephew. I hope he will enjoy the two pairs of Harry Potter sneakers that await him (at size 9 and size 11).
Annie found one treasure for herself at the bottom of the bag. Make that two treasures at the bottom of the bag. "Look Mom," she called out. "I think these might fit me." Sure enough, they are exactly her size right now.
"Aren't they boys shoes though?" she questioned.
"Chuck Taylors? Are ya kiddin' your old mom? Put those things on!"
She wore them to the Elder's Quorum potluck last night with a skirt and vest and again to school this morning with leggings and a hoodie. Chuck Taylors certainly go with just about anything.
She just informed me that she wants to draw peace signs on them with a black sharpie. Hmmm ... not sure if I'm ready for her to desecrate her first pair of Chuck Taylors.
5 comments:
Those shoes make me want to sing "The Jets are Gonna have their waaaaay, to-niiiiiight" - hello West Side Story.
Annie certainly has her own fashion sense - then again, I recall her mother wearing fish net stocking under skirts that were really nothing more than petty coats.
Cute post an even cuter pic. We have a box of some more funky Marin hand-me-downs for Annie. :)
Our friends Jen & Drew just visited us this weekend. Their daughter Greer wears very cute clothes from Gymboree--very cute dresses with matching tights and socks. Marin . . . doesn't. :)
Writing on shoes . . . something new for the "dislixe." One of my sisters "borrowed" a pair of my first running shoes and filled in sections of the sole around the outside with pink pen. Ack! Nooooooooooo, Annie--fight for peace in another way.
I have to agree with Courtney. I saw the pictures of Anne with those red shoes and my mind when immediately to "West Side Story" and the Youth Conference dance after where almost the whole male cast came - wearing the red shoes!
I love those memeories! Thanks Erin!
Tell Annie she is H-I-P. So much cooler than I ever was at 6.
Post a Comment