On the lower end of the price spectrum, I managed to brainstorm a few other ideas. When I wrote them down, side by side, I had to chuckle at the juxtaposition. Here's a picture list of what would tickle my inner child on Christmas morning: some Spoon merchandise, a doctrinal Old Testament commentary and a new shower curtain. I think that just about covers the facets of my life. Toss in a book (a new set of Little House books?), a CD, a packet of paper dolls for old time's sake (wait, I bought myself a packet of Barack and Michelle Obama paper dolls when I went to D.C. so I can check that off the list), and a chocolate orange to share with my brothers-in-law.
It's fun to think about gifts I would love to share, too. If I had that proverbial magic wand, here are some things I'd love to give to my family members this holiday season. For my mom, an E.T.C. reunion complete with choreographed numbers/costumes/lighting. For my dad, a session of private Chinese calligraphy tutorials and perhaps a trip to China via Star Trek-style "beam chamber". For Grandma Janell, a leatherbound set of her family writings, preserved for posterity. For Courtney, daily massage sessions with Jeffrey and weekly appointments with the medical intuitive of her choice. For Marni, a housekeeper/personal assistant so that she could enjoy a little free time and continue to be the outstanding mother she is. For Andrew, that trip to Machu Pichu. For Jonathan, an all-expenses paid trip to New York City to see and be seen. For Annie, fast-growing hair. For Graham, his special black spiderman (his best friend in all the world) who went missing at Halloween and whose special presence is sorely missed.
So ... what's on your wish list?





4 comments:
Erin - fun fun fun ideas (especially as someone in my household "drew your name"!)
You really nailed all of us on dream gifts - though it's Jeremy at Yo's Clinic, best MT in the world!
Bonus is that an ETC reunion would be a gift for all of us (complete with a can of Shasta pop and colored converse sneakers!)
Erin, one of my collagues has a Spoon tshirt that has the logo like on the tote bag there. Whenever she wears it to exercise class I definitely think of you. The first time she wore it, I looked at it and thought "what are the chances?" but she loves the group too! Anyway. Also wanted to comment about the KitchenAid. I would recommend a Sunbeam mixer. It has a neat retro look, more horsepower than the KA, and HALF the price. I use mine every week and have had it for years and it is a work horse! Watch for it on sale at Kohl's and combine it with your "extra % off" for having a Kohl's charge! :) Ok, that's my shopping tip for the day.
You are the intuitive. Wow just hearing your generous gifts makes me smile. You have nailed it for each of us. I would love ETC but would also be happy for a HFS reunion complete with Winnie at the piano.
That Spoon bag looks totally cool. But I judge your chocolate oranges.
My dream gift this year is an automatic garage door opener.
My fantasy gift is an all-expense paid snowboarding trip for me and Allen to Grand Targhee.
But I'd be happy with an auto-GDO. It's snowy and cold, and opening that garage door is already a horrible wintry ordeal.
Post a Comment